1974 Volkswagen Thing, Subaru 2.0 Turbo
Lake Forest, CA 92610
(Or Best Offer)
1974 Volkswagen Thing fully built in 2007 with recent refresh, rebuild. Over $60k invested, full documentation and receipts. Why buy a Polaris Razor, sand rail or canam when you can have best of both worlds, Street legal and extreme off-road. Wider wheel base, long travel, 400hp, power steering, aluminum full skid plate, 4 seater, full convertible with removable aluminum roof.
1. Subaru 3.0 H6 turbo changed engine, outfitted and tuned by outfront motorsports. Turbo intercooler and radiator installed in front with custom grill. Auxiliary oil cooler with fan, oil filter relocation.
2. Mendeola MD4-2D transaxle, all weddle internals. Freshly rebuilt! Brand new stage 3 race clutch with flywheel and pressure plate. 300m rear axles with 300m CV’s. Gearing for dirt and freeway speeds.
3. Full front A arm conversion, rear boxed/tubed trailing arms using heim joints.
4. Fox 2.5 coil overs with reservoirs on all 4 corners. Rear hydraulic bump stops and limit straps all 4 corners.
5. GearOne 4 wheel disc brake conversion with rear GearOne mid bore wheel hubs.
6. Bucket front seats with custom balustered rear seats in factory location, 4 point harnesses on all seats.
7. Full cage front to rear which ties in suspension and bumpers. Aluminum quick release roof.
8. Howe hydraulic power steering with race steering ram, quick release steering wheel.
9. Custom blue tooth audio system Polk audio system, removable sub box in rear. Connect any phone.
10. Authentic enterline wheels.
11. Hydraulic brakes and clutch with CNC pedals.